Monday, July 26, 2010

These things I love

I have been a naughty blogger of late and have not updated in ages! I will blame this on the fact that I have been so busy with school and work, that when I am home all I want to do is clean my brushes and fall into bed.

So I am making a promise to blog at least once a week. There is so much going on in my life right now so I have no reason not to.

Anyway, lately I have been trying out new things to stock my kit with and buying up rather hugely, so I thought I would post about things I have been loving in the makeup world.

MAC face & Body Foundation
 
 I know, I know, its all any makeup artist ever talks about, but the raves about this foundation are true. I have been using it on everybody, and everybody loves it. It is so easy to blend, and you can adjust the coverage with different application methods. One of my favourite ways to use it is to mix it with a drop of water and moisturiser and apply with my fingers. It sits right in the skin and does not look like makeup.

For a fuller coverage, use a stippling motion with a good quality sponge and layer in areas that need more attention, such as redness in the cheeks.

The colours are easy to mix for a flawless colour match. winner!

Graftobian High Def Glamour Creme Foundation
 
 This is a pro product, so I don't think many people know about it. Its incredible! I really suggest you look it up and read the reviews.

You can use this straight for a full, silky smooth coverage of mix with foundation thinner (I use RCMA) or primer (I use Laura Mercier) for lighter application. It really smooths out the skin and makes it look flawless. I bought this in a big palette and I can already see this will be invaluable when working on brides. Love.

MAC Blushcreme
 
Totally obsessed with Creme Blush at the moment. My favourites are MAC and my favourite colours are Posey (deep, bright rose) and Sweet William (light rose with fine sheen). I think Sweet William is now discontinued but you can still find it online.

I just adore the way these sit in the skin and make it look like you are blushing from within. You cant beat them for an every day makeup application, and for longevity that will take you through to night, I set them with powder.

MAC 217 Brush
 
 You really need this brush in your collection if you want to be a blending queen. I cant say anything else other than it has changed the way I do eye makeup forever. I have 2 of these now, its really useful to have a clean one handy to blend everything together.

Fresh Sugar Lychee Body Lotion

Its not makeup, but I bought this online recently and its an amazing body lotion. It sinks in FAST and the skin on my upper arms has completely improved since using it. The scent is fresh and inoffensive in a "cant quite put my finger on that clean smell" way. Its a little expensive but the quality is so fabulous I will buy this again as soon as I have run out. The packaging is so pretty and looks amazing in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia